CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Gala

It is the time of year again for the Gala. The Gala is a performance we do every year at SLAA. It is hectic and disorganized. The students write it and it is based on what we learned that year. This time, the topic is Finding Home. Each Humanities class is paired with an arts class and a music class to perform their scene. I think this year, We have about 17 scenes. When I told my cousin it was Gala this week, she was excited and asked what night, and if she could get a ticket to come. This surprised me. Who in their right mind would want to come to the Gala? I laughed and said," You don't want to come. Seriously." Is it really that bad? Yes. It is. Although it has been getting better every year, it still is pretty bad. The worst is sitting through  day long rehearsals the week we are about to perform. There's one good thing that happens. We miss school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I loved the Gala last year. Does this make me a fool? Perhaps.
But I shan't deny I am partial to any showcase wherein my lovely, clever and talented cousins are on display.

Olive said...

gala is only good when they let people like the macks and uhhh.....coughthekirkpatrickscough have the main roles. But yes missing school is probably the greatest gift that school has given me....well the only really....and sort of messed up brain....